The State Career Development Conference (SCDC) is an opportunity for over 2,000 DECA members to network with and compete against the best of the best from all around Pennsylvania! With our high-energy general sessions, exhilarating competitions, engaging workshops, electrifying fashion show and other fun activities, this conference is sure to be one that you don’t want to miss!
This 3-day conference is where DECA members participate in competitive events in hopes of qualifying for the International Career Development Conference. Please reference the PA DECA Supplemental Guide for a current listing all of competitive events. To be eligible to compete at ICDC, members must place in the top 4 in their competitive event at this conference.
In addition to competing, all members will be required to attend one of the interactive workshops that is offered. Some of our workshop presenters include youth entrepreneurs, business owners, professional sports teams and even your State Officers!
Conference Registration fee is $70
PA DECA State Conference Registration Procedures
- Email the SCDC Registration Form to Howard Leight ([email protected]). Please refer to the SCDC Registration Instructions for guidance.
- Mail Written Event Entries to Jerry DiGiovanni at the address below. Please refer to the State Conference Manual for specific written entry requirements. Also email Jerry ([email protected]) with a copy of each written event entry.
PA DECA Executive Director
920 Woodland Avenue
Norristown, PA 19403
- Email the SCDC Housing Form to Michele Maxwell ([email protected]).
- Mail a check for registration fee to James White at the address below. All checks should be made payable to “PA DECA”.
PA DECA Treasurer
P.O. Box 15294
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
- Have all students fill out the PA DECA Permission Form. Advisors will be asked to sign his/her name at registration stating that he/she has all permission slips in hand. You will not need to turn in the permission forms to PA DECA.
(All registration materials for the State Conference will be due by the 3rd Friday in January, unless otherwise noted in email communications from Jerry.)